Gov. Dennis Daugaard and the SD WINS Cabinet hosted regional Workforce Summits to discuss what state, community, business and education leaders can do next to advance South Dakota’s workforce initiatives.
The Summits were open to the public and provided a forum to discuss current programs, learn about demographics and workforce trends and determine what strategies to move forward. The day’s event included panel discussion and breakout groups. Over 1,000 people provided input about workforce needs.
Governor Presents Final Report
Gov. Daugaard will host six follow-up meetings across South Dakota to share the final report, findings and results. Each sector has a role in developing a unified agenda moving forward. All those interested in taking the next step to identify and implement the strategies that will best help create an effective workforce system should attend.
Public meetings are scheduled for:
Tuesday, Sept. 2
- 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. (MDT) at the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn in Rapid City
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. (CDT) at the Dakota Event Center in Aberdeen
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. (CDT) at Lake Area Technical Institute in Watertown
Wednesday, Sept. 3
- 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. (CDT) at the Brookings Days Inn Convention Center
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (CDT) at Mitchell Technical Institute
- 3 – 4 p.m. (CDT) at the Sioux Falls Convention Center
Please share this invitation
with all those who may be interested in committing to these ongoing efforts.
Learn more about what took place at the Summits, see videos and reports of the outcomes:
Resources (in Adobe .pdf format unless otherwise noted)
Growth and Change in South Dakota Labor Markets, an Assessment of the State’s Labor Market Imbalance in a Weak National Recovery. Prepared by Neeta P. Fogg and Paul E. Harrington, Drexel University Center for Labor Market Policy, February 2014.
Workforce Programs for Employers brochure
Workforce Summit Invite